While you may have (hopefully) most of your returns out the door by April 30th, the fun does not stop there. In this webinar we will discuss what happens after the returns are filed and we’ll also discuss some important changes coming for the 2022 tax year and how to prepare for them now.
TOPICS WILL Include:
· Downloading from your T1 software
· Downloading from Represent a Client
· Using the Notices feature in Represent a Client
· Proposed requirements to provide NOA in 2023
· Electronic notification of reviews
· Types of CRA reviews
· Most common CRA review requests
· Anticipating and preparing for CRA reviews
· Responding to review requests
· Change My Return vs. ReFile
· Filing Notices of Objection
· CRA Progress Tracker
· Multiple representatives
· Cancelling authorizations
· Removing former clients
· Change to mandatory EFILE threshold
· Electronic payments
· 2022 Federal budget proposals
· Helping clients register for My Account
Practice Development Opportunities
· Become familiar with the most common reasons for CRA reviews
· Understand the different methods of requesting adjustments
Be aware of 2022 T1 changes that you can start planning for now
Professional Development Credits (CPE Hours)
Wolters Kluwer professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
This Webinar Includes:
Print version of the presentation slides
PD Certificate for 2 hours
Maureen Vance, CPA, CA
Maureen obtained her CA with Peat Marwick Mitchell (a predecessor of KPMG) and joined Taxprep (now part of Wolters Kluwer) in 1985. She completed the CICA In-depth tax course in 1991, and since 2002, she has been a consultant to Wolters Kluwer on tax and compliance issues.
Maureen researches and writes material on tax planning and compliance and presents seminars and webinars on various tax and software topics to accounting firms across Canada. She is a member of the CRA-CPA Canada Technology Working Group, a contributor to the CPA Canada Tax Risk Management Guide, a contributing author for the Wolters Kluwer publication Preparing Your Partnership Returns and a frequent contributor to the Wolters Kluwer Canada publication Tax Topics.